Visitor Experience Host – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- ENG00003597 Requisition #
- Good general education (O-level / GCSE or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and talk clearly to members of the public and large groups of people from varying backgrounds
- Capable of acting as a competent fire marshal in case of emergency evacuation (including use of evacuation chairs)
- Ability to learn quickly, assimilate information at speed
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and passion for the ArcelorMittal Orbit
- Ability to complete basic manual handling tasks
- Good written English and ability to complete opening checklists and paperwork
- Ability to work unsupervised to conduct basic maintenance inspections and tests for The Slide
- Confident, friendly and cheerful with exceptional inter-personal skills
- Commitment to providing the highest level of customer service
- Ability to stay calm and handle difficult situations confidently and sensitively
- Smart and reliable with excellent time-keeping skills
- Able to show initiative and ensure operational consistency despite any extended absences from the business
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team: flexible and co-operative with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive approach to learning and research including high levels of self motivation and self direction
- Able to remain alert at all times and to cope with the variety in visitor numbers, maintaining concentration and enthusiasm during quiet periods
- Proven experience in a customer or visitor-focused environment
- Experience working front of house OR in a customer facing role in a tourist attraction
- A fluent second language
- Basic Health and Safety awareness
- An awareness of access and inclusion issues
- Previous experience as a fire marshal
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and passion for areas of interest linked to the ArcelorMittal Orbit such as engineering, architecture, sculpture, sport, East London etc
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK.
Any applicant requiring relocation will need to do this at their own expense. There is no re-location package with this job role.
Any internal applicant must inform their line manager of their intended application.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.